During the Kennedy Gold Mine surface tour, visitors see the mine office building where gold flakes were melted into large bricks to ship by Wells Fargo stage to San Francisco. This is also where ore samples were processed to see if a particular underground area was worthy of further investigation. See the stamp and gold recovery mill, tailing wheels, a steam boiler and the huge steel head frame whose pulleys guided the miners into the bowels of the earth. You will also see the building [now a museum] where the men changed into their mining garb before dropping nearly a mile underground to work. View a historic video of the men working circa 1914, and much more. Visit the Kennedy Gold Mine and gain new insight into the complications and hardships of the miner's way of life.
FREE Admission. Guided tours are: $10.00 for ages 13 to adult, $6.00 for youngsters 6 through 12, and free to those under 6.
Group Guided tours are available, by reservation, all year. Guided Tours are recommended for an interesting, in-depth, and educational tour of the grounds [about 1.5 hours]. You may, if you wish, purchase a self-guided tour book in our gift shop and wander on your own. Some prefer to bring a picnic lunch and just soak in the ambiance of this historic spot.
Come OUT to Amador... the county's first food and wine weekend for the LGBT community taking place March 24-26, 2017.
Come OUT to Amador is an LGBT weekend of curated food, wine and fun experiences in the Sierra Nevada foothills. Participants will experience intimate sessions with renowned wine makers, grape growers, acclaimed chefs, farmers and so much more, all with the backdrop of beautiful Amador County.
- Friday evening reception/light tapas style dinner with wine pairings
- Friday evening interactive entertainment experience, with wine, of course
- Either an all day excursion or two smaller intimate experiences focused around food, wine, the outdoors and history. All experiences include specially crafted catered lunches, afternoon snacks, and... wine!
- Beer vs Wine Dinner on Saturday night, catered by James Beard recognized Restaurant Taste
- Light brunch on Sunday
- Sunday afternoon activities on your own
- Transportation to/from all events and experiences from host hotels (park your car on Friday evening and don't touch it again until Sunday afternoon).
- All host hotels include breakfast on Saturday and Sunday for Come OUT guests.
Booneville Redemption: A story of wrong decisions and redemption.
For 13-year-old Melinda (Emily Hoffman), life is difficult as she wonders what happened to her real father, who hasn't been seen in years. Her stepfather, Maddox, is a wealthy man and the number one employer in Anderson Valley in 1906, the year the story takes place. But he is a cruel man, unfaithful to Melinda's mother Alice, and mean spirited to Melinda as well as others he comes in contact with. When Melinda is sent to help care for her ailing grandmother, she learns more about her father. "Boonville Redemption" has a bad guy, a few good guys, some action, suspense, a faith-based theme, and a lot going for it. Starring Pat Boone, Edward Asner, Diane Ladd, Richard Tyson and Shari Rigby .
Director and some cast members will be in attendance.
Purchase Tickets: Through our website, at the door, or at Heart & Soul, 42 Main St. in the theatre building, open Sun-Tues 10-4; Wed-Sat 10-5 CASH AND CHECK ONLY AT HEART & SOUL – please call them only during business hours.